[Samba] Windows SMB2 client doing excessive, inefficient SMB2 Find (and other) requests

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Thu Sep 21 16:38:15 UTC 2017

Andreas,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 04:02:43PM +0000, awl1 wrote:
> Am 18.09.2017 um 01:55 schrieb Ralph Böhme:
> > I just added an event to my calendar for Tuesday to remind me of
> > talking about this with MS engineers while attending an MS interop event this
> > week.
> that's great!

ECANTREPRODUCE...

I'm copying 100 files (actually selecting the 100 files for dragn'drop) from a
Windows 10 client to a Win 2016 server or a Samba server. Both traces show that
the client is *not* enumerating the destination directory for every file.

If you like to take a look, here's the trace:
<https://www.samba.org/~slow/copy100files-win10-2-samba.pcapng>

-slow