is it possible to access samba shares with different WorkGroup

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 9 07:42:08 UTC 2017

On Tue, 9 May 2017 12:36:44 +0530
Jawath Muckdhar via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Is it possible to access samba shares from windows pc which is having
> different WORKGROUP. ?
>
> Note : Currently i am able to access from my windows pc (workgroup =
> SAMBA) to the samba shares (workgroup = WORKGROUP)

I am a bit confused here ;-)

First you ask a question, then you answer it yourself, yes of course
you can connect to another workgroup, you just need the username &
password of a user known to the other workgroup.

Can I also point out that this type of question shouldn't really be
sent to samba-technical, it should be sent to the samba mailing list.

Rowland