is it possible to access samba shares with different WorkGroup

Jawath Muckdhar jawath12 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 07:06:44 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

Is it possible to access samba shares from windows pc which is having
different WORKGROUP. ?

I have compiled samba-4.5.5 for MIPS architecture successfully.

In My smb.conf file, i have configured workgroup = WORKGROUP.

>From windows PC, (it has workgroup = SAMBA), is it possible to access samba
shares?

Or we can't access samba shares with different workgroup than we have
configured.

Note : Currently i am able to access from my windows pc (workgroup = SAMBA)
to the samba shares (workgroup = WORKGROUP)

Please tell me the exact behaviour.

Thanks & Regards,
Jawath Muckdhar
--