[WHATSNEW] Samba AD with MIT Kerberos + Version change

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 3 15:22:36 UTC 2017

On Wed, 3 May 2017 08:33:14 -0600
Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thoughts on not having something run on a port. seLinux on Fedora,
> Centos. Apparmor for Debian, Ubuntu. I really wish they made those
> things easier to use. For testing I always disable them as best I can.

Apparmor isn't installed, so it isn't that.

OK, fresh git pull:

samba -V
Version 4.7.0pre1-GIT-61d6882b54d

I did the two changes as recommended by Andreas and then compiled with:

./configure --with-system-mitkrb5
make
make install

I now get an error, python doesn't like Andreas's second patch, so
back to mine:

from samba import is_heimdal_built
import os

def make_kdcconf(realm, domain, kdcconfdir, logdir):

    if is_heimdal_built:
        return

The provision command works, but kdc.conf is not created.

I do not have any Heimdal packages installed, but it seems that the
provision seems to think that Heimdal has been built. Looking in
pyglue.c , it seems that the test is if 'SAMBA4_USES_HEIMDAL' is
defined somewhere and as it seems to returning True, it must be ;-(

So, can I just say 'HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP'

I am quite prepared to try or test anything.

Rowland