Error in Setup File Server Cluster with Samba

GiangCoi Mr ltrgiang86 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 13:28:13 UTC 2017

Hi Martin.

Today, I configured Samba for authentication User Active Directory, in my
configure below:
--------------
vim /etc/krb5.conf

[logging]

default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log

kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]

default_realm = GIANG.LOCAL

dns_lookup_realm = false

dns_lookup_kdc = true
---------------
vim /etc/samba/smb.conf

clustering = yes

       log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

       max log size = 50

       workgroup = GIANG

       realm = GIANG.LOCAL

       netbios name = FILESERVER

       security = ads

       idmap config GIANG:range = 100000-200000

       idmap config GIANG:backend = autorid

       idmap config * : backend = autorid

       idmap config * : range = 200001-299999

[share]

        comment = Gluster and CTDB based share

       path = /data/share

       read only = no

       writable = yes

       valid users = +"domain users"

       create mask = 0660

       directory mask = 0770
---------------
vim /etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files winbind

shadow:     files

group:      files winbind
--------------------

vi /data/lock/ctdb

CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=/data/lock/lockfile
#CIFS only
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/etc/ctdb/public_addresses
CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
CTDB_MANAGES_WINBIND=yes

#CIFS only
CTDB_NODES=/etc/ctdb/nodes

1.
When I restart CTDB and join:
kinit  administrator at GIANG.LOCAL
net join ads -U administrator
It's OK
Both 2 file server 01,02 can join OK,
- I use command: "wbinfo -u" --> It show username in AD.
- I use command: "getent passwd" --> It didn't show username in /etc/passwd

2.
When I create username on AD and I use "wbinfo -u" --> it didn't show new
username. how I can sync immediately username from AD?

3.
When I access file with user AD (example: GIANG\test1), I cannot access to
folder /data/share to write and read file.

I read a article from "
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member" but I
think I am wrong to configure samba.
Please help me to fix it. Thanks so much Martin

Regards,
Giang