Error in Setup File Server Cluster with Samba

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Thu Jun 1 03:59:11 UTC 2017

Hi Giang,

On Wed, 31 May 2017 20:12:25 +0700, GiangCoi Mr <ltrgiang86 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my diagram. I forgot to figure eth2 for CTDB and eth3 for GlusterFS but
> in real. I use private network (172.16.0.0/24) for CTDB

I don't see any routes for 172.16.0.0/24 in the "route -n" output you
sent.  Something looks wrong there.

> Because I am using vmware workstation for testing File Cluster, so I only
> way: use ifdown eth0 to test. I will test in real network in my company for
> this situation. By the way, can you give me instruction to integrated File
> Cluster Samba to Window Active Directory for authenticating user. Thanks so
> much

This is generally no different to setting up non-clustered Samba
against an AD server.

The main issue when clustering is consistent ID mapping across the cluster.
Please see https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_clustered_Samba
for this.

Good luck!

peace & happiness,