vfs_fruit: Time Machine/FULLSYNC: add mDNS/DNS-SD advertisement

Omri Mor omri50 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 00:47:09 UTC 2017

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 02:39, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:
>
> If it's okay to only advertise simple smb.conf shares, not counting
> all the parametrically included ones, I think just walking smb.conf is
> simplest. It should not be much from a code perspective, and it should
> also be simple from a user perspective.
>
> Volker

Is there a way to iterate over all service numbers?
If so, it would be simple to check lp_parm_bool(snum, “fruit”, "time machine”, false) for each snum.
Though the problem with this approach is that this check would need to take place outside of vfs_fruit, which introduces a tighter coupling than would be ideal, but I’m not sure there is a solution that *doesn’t* introduce such a coupling.

Omri