vfs_fruit: Time Machine/FULLSYNC: add mDNS/DNS-SD advertisement

Wed Jul 19 09:39:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 11:06:43AM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> Am 19.07.2017 um 07:52 schrieb Ralph Böhme via samba-technical:
> > On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:43:11PM +0200, Volker Lendecke via samba-technical wrote:
> >> Brainstorming... Apologies if this assumes a lot of knowledge of Samba
> >> internals.
> >>
> >> What about creating an entry in gencache with a list of all time
> >> machine enabled shares? This entry could be filled from
> >> fruit_connect(), and could be read inside avahi_register().
> >
> > I guess that's too late, we need to produce this list when we start and register
> > the services.
> >
> > Do we have something like a traverse over smb.conf (sections)? That would do the
> > trick I guess.
>
> What about making it as simple as possible and just
> invent new options for the [global] section.

If it's okay to only advertise simple smb.conf shares, not counting
all the parametrically included ones, I think just walking smb.conf is
simplest. It should not be much from a code perspective, and it should
also be simple from a user perspective.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de