CTDB ipreallocated event handling

Bjoern Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Wed Jul 12 11:28:13 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for the explanation and updating the docs!

On 07/12/2017 04:40 AM, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> The documentation was out of date.
>
> Now that service_check_reconfigure() is gone, we check
> ctdb_service_needs_reconfigure() explicitly in the "ipreallocated" event and run ctdb_service_reconfigure(), which we still have because
> it does a bit of magic that we don't quite want to get rid of without
> thinking carefully.

This was a good decision. Handling the changes in the "ipreallocated"
event is much more comprehensible :-)

The updated documentation looks much better.

Adding the "updateip" event to the following part might help some users,
who like to implement their own event scripts:

-* An event script can use ctdb_service_set_reconfigure() in "takeip"
-  or "releaseip" events to flag that its service needs to be
+* An event script can use ctdb_service_set_reconfigure() in "takeip",
+  "releaseip" or "updateip" events to flag that its service needs to be
   reconfigured. The "ipreallocated" event can then use

Best regards,
Björn

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de

Besuchen Sie uns vom 10.-12.10.2017 auf der it-sa
IT-Security Messe in Nürnberg, Halle 9, Stand 204
Freitickets: http://it-sa.de/voucher Code:A361597

Meet us at IT security fair it-sa in Nuremberg
October 10th-12th 2017 in hall 9 at booth 204
tickets:http://it-sa.de/voucher code: A361597

Meet us at Storage Developer Conference (SDC)
Santa Clara, CA USA, September 11th-14th 2017