client-side DNS TCP

Dimitris Gravanis dimgrav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:21:35 UTC 2017

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your detailed input, it helped me significantly.

My main obstacle right now is to determine how are TCP/UDP headers
implemented in Samba. I've figured out UDP, it's pretty straightforward
for the client, but TCP is a bit more complicated and the libraries that
include TCP definitions are a lot. I'm using source4/dns_server as my
main guide, putting it together with talloc, tevent and tsocket. It's a
bit of a maze :).

Regarding branches, is it ok, in terms of permissions/licensing, if I
use a repo at my GitHub and move at git.Samba.org at a later point?

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend,

Dimitris