Releases, locking and ldb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 2 09:31:49 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 00:20 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

> > So it seems to work.
> >
> > I'll finish up this stuff based on your ldb-safe-locking-13 branch.
>
> I'll assume your reviewed-by, ok?

Sure.  Reviewed-by: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>

Please push.

To gain some re-assurance I ran a pile of builds.  I got a scare when
most failed on the rfc2307 test we have seen flapping, so I've
investigated that.  That test seems to have its own problems, needs a
good rework, and has been flapping for a while.

I've re-run with some changes, this time 7/9 passed, with only one
rfc2307 failure.

In short, I've been chasing unrelated issues.

The only other thing I'm seeing is fallout from exhausting system
memory in our 8GB VMs.  Moving to 16GB makes it reliable, and I suspect
the extra LDAP tasks just bump things over the edge.

(The cloud VMs I'm using have no swap).