4.5.0 upgrade samba-tool dbcheck errors

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 16 17:15:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 10:04 -0700, yabko wrote:
> Andrew
>
> Yes these users were removed 6+ months ago. So is this something that
> will
> clean up on their own ? Or will I have to rerun the dbcheck --fix at
> some
> point in the near future?

The way to remove those is likely to be via 'samba-tool domain
tombstones expunge' in the next Samba version, which will also run at
startup.  However we probably haven't tested this specific case, so
there may still be issues.

In the meantime it is harmless, as we hide such links at runtime.

We will consider this case when we next look into the issue of deleted
linked attributes.