Heimdal Update - any current branches?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 14 21:50:23 UTC 2016

G'Day,

With upcoming travel, one useful iterative (mind-numbing..) task while
waiting in airports for flights could be to update Heimdal.  The old
version is an increasing liability, and is even preventing the
important work to move us to MIT Kerberos.

If we can move to a current git snapshot, we should.  Ideally we do so
without upstream patches, and move it to third_party, but that may be
harder.  In any case, my question here is just this:

If you have a tree where you have been working on this task, can you
please let me know, so I can start without duplicating work?

As we at Catalyst have wintest working again in some capacities (with
Windows 2012R2, but only Samba joining due to https://wiki.samba.org/in
dex.php/Joining_a_Windows_Server_2012_/_2012_R2_DC_to_a_Samba_AD), we
have a reasonable method to validate the update once we get it past our
own tests.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba