Samba In-Tree Heimdal

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Sep 14 17:47:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 07:15:06PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently cleaning up cliconnect.c and wanted to correctly implement the
> kinit for librpc/crypto/gse.c. Checking if the tickets is already in the
> ccache, make sure it isn't expired else get it and store the ticket in the
> ccache ...
>

> https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-libsmb
>

> However, this fails because of:
>
> ../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:312: error: undefined reference to
> 'gss_acquire_cred_with_password'
> ../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:330: error: undefined reference to
> 'gss_store_cred'
>
> Luke Howard implemented support for that in 2011:
>
> https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/
> 02cf28e20b852caffdb77e008f6bb6c4c0ead532
>

> Is our Heimdal really out of sync more than five years?

It appears so :-(.

> Are there any plans to get a newer version or remove it from the tree?

Oh that's sad - the header references to these are there, but not the
implementations.

My guess is that we've diverged enough from upstream that it would
be hard to just drop in upstream as a replacement.

How hard is it to add in Luke's code for now ?

Once we have a working MIT solution, with a migration path for
existing deployments, we need to delete this code asap :-(.

Jeremy.