Samba In-Tree Heimdal

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 14 18:50:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 10:47 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 07:15:06PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm currently cleaning up cliconnect.c and wanted to correctly
> > implement the
> > kinit for librpc/crypto/gse.c. Checking if the tickets is already
> > in the
> > ccache, make sure it isn't expired else get it and store the ticket
> > in the
> > ccache ...
> >

> > https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mast
> > er-libsmb
> >

> > However, this fails because of:
> >
> > ../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:312: error: undefined reference to
> > 'gss_acquire_cred_with_password'
> > ../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:330: error: undefined reference to
> > 'gss_store_cred'
> >
> > Luke Howard implemented support for that in 2011:
> >
> > https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/
> > 02cf28e20b852caffdb77e008f6bb6c4c0ead532
> >

> > Is our Heimdal really out of sync more than five years?
>
> It appears so :-(.

Yes.

> > Are there any plans to get a newer version or remove it from the
> > tree?

Various folks have attempted an update.  Some of us work on that when
we have time.  Otherwise, we are essentially waiting on your work to
give us another path out of this mire.

I have dreams of one last update (to give us a reasonable fallback for
the MIT switch that isn't 6 years old at that point), but they are just
dreams. :-(

> Oh that's sad - the header references to these are there, but not the
> implementations.

One important point:  We tried not to copy all of heimdal in, so if you
are just missing the file, that is fairly easy to fix, just copy that
file in from the last version.  I'll see if I can help with that.