4.5.0 upgrade samba-tool dbcheck errors

Sergey Urushkin urushkin at telros.ru
Mon Oct 24 17:44:48 UTC 2016

Rowland Penny писал 2016-10-24 11:32:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 09:22:12 +1300
> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

>> Once a user is removed from a group, the backlink that we use to track
>> and catch user renames is taken away.  That means that the forward
>> link has no way of knowing, before a dbcheck, that it is pointing at
>> the wrong DN.
>>

> Yes, but the OP isn't removing the user from the group, he is moving
> the user to another ou, so I suppose the question is, how?

Well, actually I did remove user from group that gives error, but it was
before upgrade to samba 4.5. After reading your comments I've tried to
add and then remove users from the groups with errors - and that has
fixed all mentioned errors!

So, I think it means that 4.5 (opposite to 4.4) doesn't produce such
errors (correct me if I'm wrong).
Anyway, that would be cool if dbcheck could check and fix
member<->memberof inconsistencies.

Thanks a lot, Andrew and Penny!

--
Best regards,