4.5.0 upgrade samba-tool dbcheck errors

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:53:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:44:48 +0300
Sergey Urushkin <urushkin at telros.ru> wrote:

> Rowland Penny писал 2016-10-24 11:32:
> > On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 09:22:12 +1300
> > Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>
> >> Once a user is removed from a group, the backlink that we use to
> >> track and catch user renames is taken away.  That means that the
> >> forward link has no way of knowing, before a dbcheck, that it is
> >> pointing at the wrong DN.
> >>

> > Yes, but the OP isn't removing the user from the group, he is moving
> > the user to another ou, so I suppose the question is, how?
> >

> Well, actually I did remove user from group that gives error, but it
> was before upgrade to samba 4.5. After reading your comments I've
> tried to add and then remove users from the groups with errors - and
> that has fixed all mentioned errors!

Removing a user from a group shouldn't produce that error either. You
remove a user from a group by deleting the 'member' attribute
containing the users DN from the groups object, this will also delete
the 'memberof' line from the users object. As far as I am aware,
neither of these deletions should end up tombstoned because they are
not 'objects'

Rowland