I have heard one report about errors building Samba 3..6.25 + the Badlock fixes ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 10 17:40:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-10 at 10:11 -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
> wrote:
> > On Monday, May 02, 2016 02:10:21 PM Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > It seems that some versions of CentOS 6.x have a version of patch
> > > that
> > > causes problems.
> > >
> > > It seems you need patch version 2.7 or better.
> >
> > It works just fine as you can see that we have RHEL packages. If
> > you can't
> > provide details we can't help ...
>
> The person who reported this problem was building on CentOS 6.5 and
> started with the 3.6.25 tarball.
>
> It was curious because I could not repro the issue starting either
> with the tarball or the git repository.
>
> However, it seems that RHEL/CentOS 6.5 had an older version of patch
> that did not understand the move of one file, and this caused linking
> problems.
>
> When he upgraded to patch 2.7 things worked fine, so possibly the
> instructions should suggest doing a yum upgrade of patch first.

Yes.  I got this on Debian wheezy (old-stable).

The issue is that the old version of the patch tool fails to understand
about a file moving in a patch file.  I just had it create a new file
in a distinct patch, for bitmap.c.

https://sources.debian.net/src/samba/2:3.6.6-6%2Bdeb7u9/debian/patches/
really-move-bitmap.c.patch/