I have heard one report about errors building Samba 3..6.25 + the Badlock fixes ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:11:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:
> On Monday, May 02, 2016 02:10:21 PM Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> It seems that some versions of CentOS 6.x have a version of patch that
>> causes problems.
>>
>> It seems you need patch version 2.7 or better.
>
> It works just fine as you can see that we have RHEL packages. If you can't
> provide details we can't help ...

The person who reported this problem was building on CentOS 6.5 and
started with the 3.6.25 tarball.

It was curious because I could not repro the issue starting either
with the tarball or the git repository.

However, it seems that RHEL/CentOS 6.5 had an older version of patch
that did not understand the move of one file, and this caused linking
problems.

When he upgraded to patch 2.7 things worked fine, so possibly the
instructions should suggest doing a yum upgrade of patch first.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe