Please publish this week's CVE's!!

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon Mar 14 10:09:39 UTC 2016

On Thursday 10 March 2016 23:16:41 Green, Paul wrote:
> I'm grateful to get security fixes, and grateful for the detailed
> information in the email which was sent out on Tuesday, but I'd be even
> more grateful if you could inform MITRE that they can now publish the full
> text of CVE-2015-7560 and CVE-2016-0771. It is frustrating to go to their
> web site and see that the information is still restricted when, in fact,
> the team has already announced it.
>
> https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-7560
>
> https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-0771

MITRE is informed!

The update of their page can take a few hours to a few weeks or even month. At
least that is the Red Hat Product Security experience with MITRE.

You should complain at MITRE that they do not update their entries in a
reasonable time frame :-)

We publish advisories the day we publish a CVE. You will find all relevant
information on https://samba.org

https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2015-7560.html
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2016-0771.html

Best regards,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org