Summary of flapping tests on sn-devel

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Mar 14 01:28:36 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew,

>>> $ ./parse-email/parse-autobuild-email  --since 2016-02-11 -c 8
>>> found 97 lines matching '^UNEXPECTED' in 125 files matching
>>> 'samba.stdout$'
>>>   41 UNEXPECTED(failure):
>>> samba4.winbind.struct.domain_info(ad_member:local)
>>
>> It's sad, as I spend hours on debugging this (without success),
>> but I think we should mark this as flapping,
>
> OK.  One way out of this would be to fix our NETLOGON server not to
> return 127.0.0.1 as the address of all trusted domains.  We still
> shouldn't let a spoofed domain get into winbind's cache, but part of
> that is due to it accepting out machine password, because while it is
> the 'wrong' domain, it is outself, so we of course take our own PW.

Maybe we should at least just return NO_SUCH_DOMAIN instead of
returning the information about our own domain for every domain we're
asked for.

>>>   11 UNEXPECTED(failure):
>>> samba4.ldap.notification.python(ad_dc_ntvfs).__main__.LDAPNotificat
>>> ionTest.test_max_search(ad_dc_ntvfs)
>>
>> I just posted a fix for that.
>>
>>>    7 UNEXPECTED(failure): samba4.blackbox.dbcheck.release-4-1
>>> -0rc3.check_expected_after_dup_values(none)
>>
>> I think that's the local-attid problem andrew was about to fix,
>> right?
>
> No, this one is already fixed, but there are other flapping dbcheck
> issues, the one I posted the local-attid patch for, and a replication
> rename/parent issue I'm working on and will have patches for soon.

You mean this one (it hit ubuntu 10.04 almost each time):
https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-104/2016-03-13-2311/samba.stdout

[1896(19140)/1902 at 2h48m31s] samba4.blackbox.dbcheck(ad_dc_ntvfs)
UNEXPECTED(failure):
samba4.blackbox.dbcheck(ad_dc_ntvfs).dbcheck(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
REASON: Exception: Exception: Checking 7605 objects
ERROR: wrong dn[CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=LOCALVAMPIREDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com]
name='NTDS Settings
DEL:3b007614-ce85-43d8-b1a3-20f9db4610a7' new_dn[CN=NTDS Settings

FAILED (1 failures, 0 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 0 testsuites)

A summary with detailed information can be found in:
  ./bin/ab/summary

metze