KDC tests failing since this week

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 15 22:44:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 15:15 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I'm working on refactoring the KDC code. Last week
>
> 	make -j test TESTS="samba4.krb5.kdc"
>
> worked just fine for me, this week if I run it the fl2008r2dc tests
> runs into
> a timeout. The changes which went into master are mostly your code.
>
> auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user
> [SAMBA2008R2\Administrator] succeeded
> NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
> Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62088235
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_UNICODE
>   NTLMSSP_REQUEST_TARGET
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_SIGN
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_SEAL
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_NTLM
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_ALWAYS_SIGN
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_EXTENDED_SESSIONSECURITY
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_VERSION
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_128
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
> Terminating connection - 'ldapsrv_call_loop:
> tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv() -
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE'
> single_terminate: reason[ldapsrv_call_loop:
> tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv() -
> NT_STATUS_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE]
> Timed out (60 sec) waiting for working LDAP and a RID Set to be
> allocated by
> DC7 PID 32142 at
> /home/asn/workspace/projects/samba/selftest/target/Samba4.pm
> line 222.
> Samba 32142 failed to start up at
> /home/asn/workspace/projects/samba/selftest/
> target/Samba4.pm line 165.
> failed to start up environment 'fl2008r2dc' at
> /home/asn/workspace/projects/
> samba/selftest/target/Samba.pm line 49.
> samba can't start up known environment 'fl2008r2dc' at
> /home/asn/workspace/
> projects/samba/selftest/selftest.pl line 898
>

> This is what I get. I'm not sure what is really going wrong. Help
> would be
> much appreciated. I will continue digging ...

G'Day,

Yes, there seems to be some issue starting up environments, and waiting
for the RID Set.  If you recall it hit Rowland trying to run fsmo tests
a few weeks ago also.

I've not pinned it down, and the tests pass in a full autobuild, which
makes it *really* frustrating.  A bisection is in order, I think.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba