Authenticated user credentials? Single Sign on?

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:42:23 UTC 2016

On 28/01/16 16:19, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> smb.conf
> [global]
>     security = ads
>     realm = SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FOREST
>     workgroup = SUBDOMAIN
>     idmap config * : backend = tdb
>     idmap config * : range = 2000-7999
>     idmap config SUBDOMAIN:backend = ad
>     idmap config SUBDOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
>     idmap config SUBDOMAIN:range = 8000-9999999
>     idmap uid = 8000-99999
>     idmap gid = 8000-99999
>     winbind nss info = rfc2307
>     winbind use default domain = yes
>     winbind nested groups=yes
>     winbind expand groups=10
>     winbind enum users = yes
>     winbind enum groups = yes
>

> My smb.conf looks as above. When a user logs in is there something I can
> use for that user to mount stuff as that user so they do not need to
> authenticate again as that user?
>
> I'd like to mount the users home directory as that user?
>
> Single sign on?

You could start here: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_home_drives

Also, you should remove these lines:

    idmap uid = 8000-99999
    idmap gid = 8000-99999

They are the old way of doing things and have been replaced by the
'idmap config' lines, you do not need both.

If you need any more help, we are going to need a bit more info, what is
the DC, where are the users home directories stored, what are the
clients etc etc.

Rowland