Authenticated user credentials? Single Sign on?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:07:11 UTC 2016

that guide looks geared toward windows machines against a samba server. I
don't want any shares from this machine. I want an Active Directory account
used from my linux client to map its home directory
ie:
something like this

mount -t cifs //fileserver/homes/thisuser  ~/ -o
someflag_to_use_already_authenticated_info

I'm looking at smbnetfs and this might work.

reasoning
currently we use nfs. However nfs seems too open for me. Any machine
connected to the network can have it's own uid scheme and ignore the rfc2307
mappings
thus they can overwrite users files in an nfs share.
I am looking for a more authenticated solution. I will trust a machine I
have joined to the domain but I don't know how to identify it as trusted?

Maybe I need to look into nfs4 but was curious how to do this with cifs
shares