ctdb reclock API for etcd/librados

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:42:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 12:37 AM, David Disseldorp <ddiss at suse.de> wrote:
>
>> And again with the patch-set attached - I'm on fire today :-/

>> operation

>> > I don't think these concerns warrant a revert. The attached patch-set
>> > moves the code (not the doc) to ctdb/utils/etcd, and adds a new
>> > --enable-etcd-reclock configure switch. Would this be sufficient?
>> >
>> > I'd prefer to keep the man page under doc/. We could change the
>> > makefiles to only generate/install if --enable-etcd-reclock is flagged.
>> >
>> > Cheers, David
>>

> I agree with manpages staying in doc.
>
> In patch 2, we need to add a check for etcd python module.
> We also need to install the man page conditionally.
>
> Amitay.

Due to the unconditional addition of ctdb-recd-lock, our nightly CTDB
builds/tests are failing.  That's the reason for urgency (and my bad mood).

I have added two extra patches to ctdb/wscript to improve handling of
manpages and getting rid of the unnecessary ctdb/doc/Makefile.

I have fixed David's second patch to correctly handle building of manpage
ctdb-etcd.7.

Please review and push.

Amitay.