security as domain requires realm

Sapna Kothari skothari at barracuda.com
Mon Aug 22 20:49:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

I upgraded from samba 3 to samba 4.4.5 and I see following error when I try 'samba/bin/net rpc join  -S  devwin  -U  "administrator%grape2" '. I have set security=domain in smb.conf. I do not expect realm required in my case, but I still see this issue.

 Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration ("realm" set to '', should be 'devwin.com') and configuration modification was not requested

Thanks,

Considering Office 365?  Barracuda security and storage solutions can help. Learn more about Barracuda solutions for Office 365 at http://barracuda.com/office365.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it contain confidential and proprietary material of Barracuda, its affiliates or agents, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.