autobuild failure due to python replication tests - why ?

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Aug 3 13:46:14 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew,

> On a positive note, I appear to have an env and cut-down test that runs
> in 30min that consistently fails.  I have early positive vibes for this
> set of patches:
>
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v4-5-test-drs-fix

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=77b85f3ccd36ba54c58a3d9347c05a6e768fddd9
Can you catch the attid mismatch for linked attributes in
dsdb_replicated_objects_convert() please?

I think that's also that place where we should convert the remote attids to
the local once.

> I'll know more when I see the full set of builds back, and then try
> again just to be sure.  I'll of course file bugs for back-porting per
> my last mail, unless you would like to take that honour :-)

I still don't understand how this could explain the timeouts.

> Of course, we have thought all this before.  I know you will stay tuned
> :-)
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for the work on this!

However I'm also fine if we skip the related tests until we're sure it's
resolved.

metze