autobuild failure due to python replication tests - why ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 3 09:16:37 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-08-02 at 17:20 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 04:37:42PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >

> > It's getting a little late here but I'm planning
> > to just carve out any of the tests that have failed and
> > try and get something reviewed that will re-enable pushing
> > code changes through autobuild again.
> >
> > Sorry Andrew, but this is just the modern equivalent of
> > breaking the build, and we can't live with this disruption
> > anymore :-(.
>
> Here's a sledgehammer. Don't want to use it, but
> right now I'm testing that a local "make test"
> passes with it applied...

Before trusting that, be sure to note of as to if local make test
failed for you on master?

(Because that has been the hardest part of this whole issue, it has
needed a lot of A/B testing identical environments over multiple runs,
with finding the right amount of CPU and RAM constraint being the
clincher).

On a positive note, I appear to have an env and cut-down test that runs
in 30min that consistently fails.  I have early positive vibes for this
set of patches:

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v4-5-test-drs-fix

I'll know more when I see the full set of builds back, and then try
again just to be sure.  I'll of course file bugs for back-porting per
my last mail, unless you would like to take that honour :-)

Of course, we have thought all this before.  I know you will stay tuned
:-)

Thanks,