wbinfo -u /-g error after upgrade to 4.4.2 or 4.3.8 (security = ads)

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Apr 22 10:55:46 UTC 2016

Hi Anton,

>>> wbinfo -u oder wbinfo -g did not show any domain users/groups any more  
>> It looks like zero timeout set. But it set by default to 15s, yes? Setting ldap timeout to highter values changes nothing for me.
> source3/libads/ldap.c:
> ----------------
>   /*
>    * A bug in OpenLDAP means ldap_search_ext_s can return
>    * LDAP_SUCCESS but with a NULL res pointer. Cope with
>    * this. See bug #6279 for details. JRA.
>    */
>         if (*res == NULL) 
>                 return LDAP_TIMELIMIT_EXCEEDED;
> --------------------
> I've added additional DEBUG to this line and, yes, there is no
> timeout, really.

I guess this is related to the SASL wrapping that we put
between OpenLDAP socket and ldap layer.

Can you file a bug at https://bugzilla.samba.org
and upload a description, level 10 log (log.winbind* and log.wb-*) files
and network caputures
(see https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets) (we need the
traffic of all ports).


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20160422/27e4a0cd/signature.sig>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list