wbinfo -u /-g error after upgrade to 4.4.2 or 4.3.8 (security = ads)

Anton V. Boyarshinov boyarsh at altlinux.org
Thu Apr 21 15:33:08 UTC 2016

Hi

> > wbinfo -u oder wbinfo -g did not show any domain users/groups any more

> It looks like zero timeout set. But it set by default to 15s, yes? Setting ldap timeout to highter values changes nothing for me.

source3/libads/ldap.c:
----------------
  /*
   * A bug in OpenLDAP means ldap_search_ext_s can return
   * LDAP_SUCCESS but with a NULL res pointer. Cope with
   * this. See bug #6279 for details. JRA.
   */

        if (*res == NULL)
                return LDAP_TIMELIMIT_EXCEEDED;
I've added additional DEBUG to this line and, yes, there is no
timeout, really.

ldap_search_ext_s returns LDAP_SUCCESS but NULL as result pointer.
So, it looks like that the real problem is placed somewere in the deeps
of openldap code.

Anton