[Announce] CTDB release 2.5.6 is available for download
amitay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:47:59 UTC 2016
This will be the last stable release of CTDB 2.5.x. CTDB 2.5.6 should only
be used with Samba releases prior to Samba 4.2.x (i.e. Samba releases
3.6.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x).
Please note that Samba releases 3.6.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x are out of support.
If you are still using any of these releases for clustered samba with CTDB
2.5.x, please switch to latest Samba 4.3.x or 4.4.0 (Since Samba 4.2.0
release CTDB is part of Samba).
Changes in CTDB 2.5.6
* CTDB_DBDIR can now be set to tmpfs[:<tmpfs-options>]
This will cause volatile TDBs to be located in a tmpfs. This can
help to avoid performance problems associated with contention on the
disk where volatile TDBs are usually stored. See ctdbd.conf(5) for
* Resetting statistics now also resets database statistics
* ctdb CLI tool pstore/pdelete/ptrans now accept keys in hex format
* New -l option to ping_pong for validation of fcntl(2) lock coherency
Important bug fixes
* Fixed a regression in the VLAN interface monitoring code
* Reverted a change that intentionally caused an abort when the
recovery lock could be taken by a ctdbd process during recovery.
There were corner cases where this was not appropriate...
* Numerous resource leak fixes, many of which were found by Coverity
Important internal changes
* TDB checking is now done under a timeout
This avoid cases where tdbtool/tdbdump can hang indefinitely if the
database size grows to over 4GB.
* The Samba eventscript now logs errors from testparm
* Cleaned up route flushing code to avoid noise in logs
Reporting bugs & Development Discussion
Please discuss this release on the samba-technical mailing list or by
joining the #ctdb IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
All bug reports should be filed under CTDB product in the project's
Bugzilla database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).
The source code can be downloaded from:
http://git.samba.org/?p=ctdb.git;a=summary (Git via web)
More information about the samba-technical