Samba 4.3.1 and messaging

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Mon Oct 26 14:30:45 UTC 2015

Am 26.10.2015 um 15:03 schrieb Volker Lendecke:

> Is that your normal way to operate Samba? I did not see this scenario. I
> have code that will convert this to a different messaging model, which
> should then also cover restarting Samba every 3 seconds without spilling
> files. In the current incarnation of Samba this use case WILL spill files,
> I think it will take a few months before I can present the fixed tmond
> streams based code. You should probably go back to 4.0 or so to make
> Samba work better in this test.

No Volker,

this is not my normal way to operate samba. This was only a test case
for a better demonstration here for my question after I saw, that in my
tests with tdbbackup in the samba init script and frequent restart
sockets were not cleaned up.

> Normally Samba cleans up every 15 minutes. If you restart Samba every 3
> seconds, this will never kick in. Please set
> messaging : messaging dgm cleanup interval = 1
> in your [global] section to make Samba wipe old sockets every second to
> cover your, admittedly a bit strange, use case.

Is it safe to clean up /etc/msg.sock/ and /run/lock/samba/msg.lock/ on
samba start?

--
der tom