descriptor_add going through password_hash_add and both takes a long time

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Mon May 25 03:36:53 MDT 2015

Hi Matthew,
Are you sure this is not just a single add request that creates a
user, going through the module stack? descriptor_add is in no way
invoking password_hash_add as a function, it is not spawning
additional add requests, and it is also above password_hash in the
list. In this case, yes, sorry, but this is intended - we are creating
a new object and it's SD has to be calculated. It happens to be a user
with passwords, so we also generate the password hash.

Regards,
Nadya