broken smbtorture lease cases

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:51:29 MDT 2015

Looks like various smbtorture lease test cases are broken too against
4.2 (not just the Microsoft ones with the directory rename bug and
three trivial return code problems that I have posted fixes for
earlier).  A different three failed to Windows 8.1 (multibreak, lock1
and v2_epoch2).

I simply ran:
/usr/local/samba-4.2/bin/smbtorture  //localhost/scratch smb2.lease

Pretty minimal smb.conf so unlikely to be that (and even fails when
kernel sharemodes/sharemode locking are disabled on share - whether
off or on):

   ea support = yes
   store dos attributes = yes
   strict allocate = yes
   delete readonly = yes
   smb2 leases = yes

In addition to the two failing, 3 are skipped as expected -
dynamic_share (and v2_request and v2_request_parent require directory
leases so they are skipped) but the following are not skipped and
presumably are supportable.

test: request
time: 2015-03-10 04:12:52.548165
time: 2015-03-10 04:12:52.561230
failure: request [
../source4/torture/smb2/lease.c:170: Incorrect status
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND - should be NT_STATUS_OK

and

test: v2_complex1
time: 2015-03-10 04:13:04.048296
time: 2015-03-10 04:13:04.379113
failure: v2_complex1 [
(../source4/torture/smb2/lease.c:3298): wrong value for
(uintptr_t)break_info.lease_transport got 0x56a97820 - should be
0x56a959c0

Debugging the first of these - not obvious where the bug is (and works
to windows) - I don't see anything interesting in samba log at level
10 (invalid parameter returned on create of directory but not why).
Wireshark trace shows the INVALID_PARAMETER on lease_request.2.dat

--
Thanks,

Steve