Your Tombstone Reanimation branch

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Sun Jan 25 12:41:08 MST 2015

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 05:23 +0200, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> > Hi Garming,
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Garming Sam
> > <garming at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> >         Hi Kamen,
> >
> >         I've just looked into what caused the issue with the upgrade
> >         provision test. It looks like in the final patch, you managed
> >         to omit logonCount in the table of options.
> >
> > Many thanks for nailing down what the problem was!
> >

> >         That should be a simple fix, but Andrew has suggested, if you
> >         don't mind, that a test should be written to explicity test
> >         the defaults. Preferably in sam.py.
> >
> >         The test needs to not only confirm that the bare minimum 'add'
> >         request works as expected (and asserts on the attributes
> >         added, and that no others are added), but also check that if
> >         each of the attributes is included in the add, that it either
> >         fails, or succeeds and replaces the default value.
> >
> >         A bare minimum add is:
> >
> >         dn: cn=testuser,cn=users,dc=samba,dc=org
> >         objectclass: user
> >
> >         The same needs to be done for groups.
> >
> > That's a good idea.
> >
> > For some reason, I thought there is already such test (or may I have
> > thought about it, hm)
> >
> > I will make it tomorrow.
> >

> > Meanwhile, please find attached:
> >
> > 1. updated last commit for adding missed 'logonCount'
> >
> > 2. extending the tests for restored objects so we also assert on some
> > expected values
>
> Great.  You also need to assert that there are no extra attributes.
>
> Please find attached an updated patch which affects
e75142bd393234fe09916c80406d802a9b95c1f5
in your tombstone-wip branch
And also updated version of the patch to assert ot restored attributes +
a patch to assert on attributes for newly created User objects.

I have also pushed the changes at Github (for web lovers like me) :)
https://github.com/kamenim/samba/pull/2

Cheers,
Kamen