Your Tombstone Reanimation branch

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Thu Jan 22 20:23:28 MST 2015

Hi Garming,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Garming Sam <garming at catalyst.net.nz>
wrote:

> Hi Kamen,
>
> I've just looked into what caused the issue with the upgrade provision
> test. It looks like in the final patch, you managed to omit logonCount in
> the table of options.
>
> Many thanks for nailing down what the problem was!

> That should be a simple fix, but Andrew has suggested, if you don't mind,
> that a test should be written to explicity test the defaults. Preferably in
> sam.py.

The test needs to not only confirm that the bare minimum 'add' request
> works as expected (and asserts on the attributes added, and that no others
> are added), but also check that if each of the attributes is included in
> the add, that it either fails, or succeeds and replaces the default value.
>
> A bare minimum add is:
>
> dn: cn=testuser,cn=users,dc=samba,dc=org
> objectclass: user
>
> The same needs to be done for groups.
>
> That's a good idea.
For some reason, I thought there is already such test (or may I have
thought about it, hm)
I will make it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, please find attached:
1. updated last commit for adding missed 'logonCount'
2. extending the tests for restored objects so we also assert on some
expected values

Cheers,
Kamen

Cheers,