Samba Disk Quota Disk Info Question

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:00:34 MST 2015

Hi

On 15 Jan 2015 2:47 PM, <garenk at apacesystems.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Garen and I work for a company called Apace Systems. We are
having an issue with Centos 7 and Samba
> 4.1.14 version. The correct information does not display during a
mapped/connected drive on either a Mac or Windows
> machine when there is a disk quota. For example we have a quota set to 10
gigs for the workspace or user and when the
> workspace is mapped and we write click to get info, it does not display
10 gigs as a max capacity but the systems entire
> capacity. This issue was also on 4.1.1 but we presumed 4.1.2 because the
bug was mentioned but there is still an issue. We
> know that Samba version 3.6.13 works correctly on Centos 6 but there is
no installment for Centos 7. I was just wondering
> if you guys have seen this kind of issues with your customers and if
there is a way to show the correct isk info. Thank you.

> We even tried CentOS forum but no help.
>
> https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=49203

As a workaround, perhaps you could try "dfree command".

See here for an example:
http://www.subvs.co.uk/faking_available_disk_space_samba