Cygwin

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 5 00:16:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-08-04 at 16:36 -0700, Greg Silverman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build samba on cygwin. I have at least these 2
> problems:

I think you have more than 2, the first being that you are trying to
build Samba on windows! :-)

What are you trying to do this for?

> 1. The dll's are created with names that contain version numbers. I
> assume that on linux symbolic links to those so's would be created
> without version numbers. On windows I can get around this problem by
> copying a dll to a file with the correct name or creating symbolic
> links on the command line.
>
> 2. The smbregistry dll cannot be built because several functions are
> not available in the input libraries, such as, db_open and
> load_parm_int. The dbwrap dll is built but it does not contain the .o
> file for dbwrap_open.c.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The second problem is that we have circular dependencies, and we need
to fix those.  Once the build passes without
allow_undefined_symbols=True in source3/wscript_build (and in other
places), then this will work.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba