Cygwin

Greg Silverman silvermangb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:36:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to build samba on cygwin. I have at least these 2 problems:

1. The dll's are created with names that contain version numbers. I assume that on linux symbolic links to those so's would be created without version numbers. On windows I can get around this problem by copying a dll to a file with the correct name or creating symbolic links on the command line.

2. The smbregistry dll cannot be built because several functions are not available in the input libraries, such as, db_open and load_parm_int. The dbwrap dll is built but it does not contain the .o
file for dbwrap_open.c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg