Incorrect file size returned in the Respond of "FILE_SUPERSEDE Create"

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Apr 28 16:53:28 MDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 03:11:00PM -0700, Kenny Dinh wrote:
> The patch looks good to me.

Can you reply with a "Signed-off-by: Kenny Dinh <kdinh at peaxy.net>"
in the email so I can add it to the change.

> I have been trying to verify the test case I wrote in source4/torture/raw/
> open.c.
>
> I have been following direction from https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/
> Writing_Torture_Tests .

Yeah, that's probably best. I have a lot of history with the torture3 code
which is why it's so easy for me to add it there :-).

> It wasn't clear if torture test in source3 or source4 should be updated.
> Attached is my version of of smbtorture, I tried to run my test but I'm not
> hitting the error using the un-patched code.  The file size returned seems to
> be 0 on open supersede.  There are other parameters in the create operation
> that I trying to play around to trigger the error case.

Hmmm. My test does trigger the error with an unpatched
server, so we can go with it if necessary. I'll also
take a look at your test to see if I can make it work.