debug symbols

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Apr 22 15:11:30 MDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 05:05:55PM -0400, rac8006 at aol.com wrote:
> I've compiled samba 4.0.0 with -g and removed the -O3 option.  I was expecting to be able to
> display structures.  But I get No symbol "subnet_record" in current context.  I set the break
> point to write_browse_list.  Then tried to look at the subnet_record.
> Am I doing sum thing wrong?

The global subnet records are:

/* This is the broadcast subnets database. */
struct subnet_record *subnetlist = NULL;

/* Extra subnets - keep these separate so enumeration code doesn't
   run onto it by mistake. */

struct subnet_record *unicast_subnet = NULL;
struct subnet_record *remote_broadcast_subnet = NULL;
struct subnet_record *wins_server_subnet = NULL;

defined in source3/nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c

Ensure you're attached to nmbd and you should
be able to see these globals in nmbd.