ncacn_http for 4.2? (Re: RPC over HTTP (ncacn_http) implementation for DCERPC client libraries)

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sun Sep 21 00:26:33 MDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

>> All in all, a very impressive piece of work, particularly the use of
>> GENSEC subcontexts.  I'll try and pin down metze or someone else here so
>> we can get this reviewed before 4.2 cuts next week.
>
> The other (harder, sorry) task we need is tests, which I've not seen in
> the code so far.  Ideally this means finding some way to have a server
> for this, so it works in make test, but at least we should have a test
> we can run against Windows manually.

I've looked through the patches and tested them.

smbtorture
ncacn_http:w2k8r2-219[593,RpcProxy=w2k8r2-219.bla.base,HttpUseTls=true,HttpAuthOption=ntlm]
rpc.epmapper.epmapper.Lookup_simple

As the http_negotiate backend wasn't used (and doesn't seem to work with
my patches to enable it)
I removed it for now.

I've also fixed some bugs.

Andrew can you review these patches. Then we can squash my fixes and
push it to master.

metze