4.2rc2 and winbindd

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Oct 19 11:57:38 MDT 2014

On 19/10/14 18:02, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 19/10/14 16:27, steve wrote:

>>> OK, I give in, where did you get that from ?
>>
>> git pull on our it-doesn't-matter-if-you-break-it test box.
>>  winbindd --version
>> Version 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09
>>  samba --version
>> Version 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09
>>
>> calling samba does not start winbindd:(
>>

> So the latest version from git doesn't actually use winbindd ,
No, it's the same as before. samba starts samba and the winbing works as
before: only uidNumber and gidNumber work:

winbindd -i -d3
Maximum core file size limits now 16777216(soft) -1(hard)
winbindd version 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2014
lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[global]"
Maximum core file size limits now 16777216(soft) -1(hard)
server role = 'active directory domain controller' not compatible with
running the winbindd binary.
You should start 'samba' instead, and it will control starting the
internal AD DC winbindd implementation, which is not the same as this one

Maybe we have to ./configure differently?
./configure --enable-debug
make
make install

Any advance on that?