Reproducible Data Corruption Issue

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Oct 8 10:46:53 MDT 2014

Gentle Samba Developers,

A customer of Stratus recently reported a data corruption issue to us that we have tracked back to Samba. We've been able to reproduce it using multiple versions of Samba on two different operating systems. We can easily reproduce the problem and can supply traces. We're seeking guidance on whether this is a code issue or a configuration issue. (I suspect a code issue, for reasons explained in the memo).

The attached memo supplies the full details. Feel free to contact me for further information.

P.S. The link on www.samba.org/samba/ml-etiquette.html<http://www.samba.org/samba/ml-etiquette.html> for "List Subscribe" points to https://lists.samba.org. The link fails. Using http://lists.samba.org works. This confusion between https and http seems to be a common problem with links to lists.samba.org, actually.

Thanks
PG
--
Sr. Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies Inc.
Office: +1-978-461-7557; Mobile: +1-978-235-2451; Twitter: @stratuspaulg