DFSR client side support

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Oct 1 01:43:37 MDT 2014

Hello all,

As a result of last week IO lab (InterOperability) with Microsoft I have
a quite descent implementation of DFSR client side in my dfs-r branch
located at http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/dfs-r

It's limited to one content set per replica group but it should be ok
for most cases. The code is not ready for prime time yet as it relies on
the work of Stephan ('Metze') on new DCERPC infrastructure.

Also for the moment the files are downloaded in a staging directory and
not installed into the target dir. The idea here is to have a python
script doing the job of putting the file in the target directory as it's
not super time critical and it should save a lot of time by not having
to write lot of boiler plate code.

I have some ideas on how to write the server side part, it's actually
not very complicated once you have the good information in a database on
what has changed. That's why the first part of the implementation will
be writing a tool that looks for file/directory change events and assign
a frstrans_Update structure (plan is to store it in a a tdb database
with the gvsn as the key and the structure as  the data).

Help on this would be great.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou