Encountered a situation where max protocol = NT1 on a Samba 4.1.x server provided better performance

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 30 22:00:13 MDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 08:45:23PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am still trying to get all the details together but a friend who
> runs a Samba network upgraded to a recent version of SuSE with Samba
> 4.1.x (I believe, and am getting the version) and all hell broke loose
> for at least one of his legacy applications that were developed a
> while ago.
> Where previously it took 15-20 seconds to load, it was now taking 60
> seconds to load.
> When I changed his smb.conf to include max protocol = NT1 we got back
> to the prior load times.
> I am attempting to get new capture files to see what the differences
> on the wire are, and have asked for the exact version of Samba.

Well if it's completely reproducible we should
be able to analyse it to see what the problem

More information about the samba-technical mailing list