Encountered a situation where max protocol = NT1 on a Samba 4.1.x server provided better performance
realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri May 30 21:45:23 MDT 2014
I am still trying to get all the details together but a friend who
runs a Samba network upgraded to a recent version of SuSE with Samba
4.1.x (I believe, and am getting the version) and all hell broke loose
for at least one of his legacy applications that were developed a
Where previously it took 15-20 seconds to load, it was now taking 60
seconds to load.
When I changed his smb.conf to include max protocol = NT1 we got back
to the prior load times.
I am attempting to get new capture files to see what the differences
on the wire are, and have asked for the exact version of Samba.
More information about the samba-technical