Samba 4.2?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 26 22:10:40 MDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 12:41 +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de
> > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:30:37AM +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:

> > number
> > at

> > from
> > > >

> > > Release 4.2 did not get discussed at SambaXP.  I would have liked to have
> > > integrated build for CTDB by SambaXP, but that did not happen.
> > >
> > > I am currently working on converting CTDB to waf build.  Building only
> > CTDB
> > > with waf is almost complete.  However, doing a combined build (Samba +
> > > CTDB) is going to take a bit longer due to duplicate but diverged code.
> >
> > What pieces are conflicting?
> >

> The main problem is logging from debug.[ch] in lib/util.  Samba and CTDB
> have different logging code now and that's causing some pain.  There are
> few other files with differences, so I need to go through them one by one
> and fix them.
>
> Another issue is I would prefer to use lib/util from the main tree, but
> that has samba specific dependency DYNCONFIG.  That should not be a problem
> in the combined build.  But if I am building only CTDB, I would prefer to
> not bring in samba specific dependencies.

Just make DYNCONFIG go away.  There is no need for it now (waf
regenerates the right stuff, and we removed the command-line options),
so if it is in your way, just remove it and replace those parts with
normal CPP #define or cc -D calls.

I'm happy to help with this if you need.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/