[Review Request] libwbclient-sssd

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 18 17:11:48 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-17 at 11:19 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:

> That being said, there is of course the problem of testing.
> We would actually need an "official" test suite for libwbclient
> that fixes the api and semantics. This test suite would belong to
> a libwbclient-devel package and can then be used by any
> server+libwbclient implementation to test the implementation.
> Of course we don't have it, but it would be the right thing to
> do imho.

We do actually have it.  It is in nsswitch/libwbclient/tests and is
called via smbtorture as winbind.wbclient.

It covers a reasonable portion of the protocol, but also needs work.  So
far it only run in make test against the s3dc, I've got patches to make
it more general (I'll post for review shortly), but even then it seems
to only work directly on a DC right now.  In particular, it resets (and
not does reset back) the supplied password, and I can't figure out why.

Improving this would be a great boost to the AD DC and trusted domains
efforts, as it would further validate that the winbindd changes really
don't break things.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/