Passwords set to folder

Alexander Werth werth at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 6 08:43:12 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 09:25 +0200, Conrad Beneke wrote:
> Good day
>
> I have a client that has 76 shares on their samba server and the clients
> wants met to set specific passwords for each share
>
> I would like to know if samba has the capability to set valid user =
> nobody and force password = password on a specific share.
>
> So to set only one password to the share for multiple "bad user" to
> secure it but not have to create multiple usernames
>
> I have not been able to find any documentation that I would be able to
> create a share like this.

I don't think that's possible.
The windows clients use a single connection to access multiple shares
and the authentication is done per connection before a particular share
is picked.
You would need to run multiple smbds each with it's own config, ip
address and DNS name to set individual passwords for shares.

Cheers,
Alexander